The Columbus Iron Works was located on the banks of the Chattahoochee River in the Columbus Historic District. Organized in 1853, it was built near the steamboat landing in the heart of the growing community. The Columbus Iron Works produced a variety of equipment on this site for over a century. The building has over 182,000 square feet of floor space with the 17 meeting rooms satisfying a variety of needs and seating as many as 500 or as few as 20. All spaces provide the most modern lighting, and staging equipment are also available. The Trade Center houses a new state-of-the art on-site kitchen with the capacity and staff to prepare up to 4,000 meals at a time.